CORNERSTONE CHURCH: KidMin Director
Responsible to: Lead Pastor
Status: Part Time (30 hours per week)
The KidMin Director is responsible for facilitating the Cornerstone ministry to children from the ages of infancy to 5th grade at all campuses in support of Cornerstone’s vision and mission. The KidMin Director will seek to establish a firm spiritual foundation for the children of Cornerstone, partnering with parents to help the children establish a relationship with Jesus Christ and actively live for Him. The Director will seek to create a fun and loving environment, in which children can grow in their relationship with Jesus, hear God’s Word, and learn to share His love with others in their communities. This person will help champion the vision of Cornerstone and ensure excellent implementation of its Ministry plan.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- MINISTRY OVERSIGHT
- Oversee the core Kids Ministries of Cornerstone, at both the March Street and Second Street campuses, including:
- Nursery (birth to 3 years)
- K-5th Grade
- Oversee the Sunday morning experience for children.
- Oversee the planning and coordination of special children’s events such as children’s choir for holiday services and family weekends.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of an annual Vacation Bible School program.
- Plan, organize and lead weekly programs and activities for Cornerstone and neighborhood children such as Awana, After School Bible Club etc.
- TEAM LEADERSHIP
- Lead, empower, equip and shepherd the core leadership of the KidMin Team.
- Recruit and connect leaders and volunteers to areas of KidMin that fit their individual passion and giftedness.
- Lead periodic KidMin core leadership meetings and attend all other ministry team meetings as necessary.
- Recommend changes and modifications as needed to any established KidMin programs and curriculum.
- Develop and manage the budget for the Kids Ministry.
- Ensure volunteers acquire and maintain current state required clearances for working with children.
- Reevaluate KidMin Handbook periodically to ensure information is accurate and updated when necessary. This includes safety guidelines and evacuation procedures.
- Work with the Youth Pastor to develop continuity between Kids and Youth education programs.
- Promote the vision of KidMin through ministry reports to the Joint Board when necessary, providing content for the Welcome Center and maintaining current website content.
- Attend Ministry Leader meetings.
- Oversee the coordination of childcare for special church-wide meetings/events, such as congregational meetings.
- Oversee facility and safety needs, in conjunction with the Facilities Coordinator, including maintaining proper organization and storage in classrooms and meeting rooms.
- Meet with the Pastoral Staff on a regular basis to evaluate progress on vision development, planning, goals and objectives.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- The spiritual gifts of leadership and teaching, with a clear biblical understanding of discipling children in the church
- A demonstrated passion for children and their spiritual welfare.
- Academic training in education or a related field, with a minimum of bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience as a professional or lay leader in KidMin oversight in a comparable church setting.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and lead high-performing teams in a complex ministry environment.
- A committed Christian and a regular participant in the life of Cornerstone Church.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate activities in evenings and on weekends.
- Excellent communicator in both verbal and written formats.
Evaluation and Compensation
The KidMin Director reports to the Lead Pastor, who will conduct an annual performance review. Compensation is reviewed annually by the Board.